Monday, June 10, 2013

Working on me...

My online summer Bible Study has a challenge this week.

Don't ask God for anything material or selfish this week. Instead, ask Him to saturate your life, heart, mind...everything!

Lord,

I praise you for being the creator of the universe, the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. Your blessings are immense, greater than my understanding and more vast than comprehension. You are the one that tells the sea where to stop and the stars where to shine.

You know my heart, always. There is nothing I can hide from you.

I'm exposed and you still love me. I'm sinful and you still love me. I'm raw and you still love me.

I certainly don't deserve this love of yours, but how thankful I am for it. I want to live your way, leaving the old way behind.

Thank you for all the material "things" I have, but I pray for something more. I pray for a radically changed life. I pray to be uncomfortable and challenged.

Saturate my soul and let me pour out your love and peace on others. Help me to be a blessing to my family, friends, and even strangers.

Change my life so I rely more on you instead of my own accomplishments and rewards. I know this is risky. To give you everything, I feel, is gambling it all. Will I still have my house, my clothes, my car, my husband, my child? I'm not sure. I want to say I'm ready to give you all of me but I still hold back. Take my fears and hold my hand through this unsteadiness I feel.

I struggle with letting go of the sense of control I feel and yet I want to so badly. Help me Father.

In Jesus' name,

AMEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin