Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I forgot to mention...

I don't know why it slipped my mind, but I started a spending fast as of September 1st, going through December 25th. (We all know after Christmas sales are the BEST!) The rules are:

-No selfish spending: Starbucks, Pinkberry, or any other "treats."
-No spending on my weakness- CLOTHES!
-No lunches. Pack it!

My last spending fast was January- March of this year and it went really well.

The reason I want to try it again is because I went a little crazy this summer, with the excuse of it being my birthday, and spent quite a bit more than my budget of $50 per month. I know, I know, it's a tight budget. Oh well!

I should mention I have a Gap Visa Credit Card that gives me rewards points anywhere I shop. This means about $50 per month in rewards $ for me to spend at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy. (Mainly why all my clothes seem to be from those darling stores) I plan to save these rewards  to spend on my shopping spree in December, because let's face it, that's exactly what it will be.


For now, I will just wish for things like these:

via

 


via
  
 
via

 
  
via
 
 
 
via
 
 
Are there things you are saving up for?
 
Have you ever done a shopping fast? If so, how did it go?
 

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the fast!! My sister is doing a shopping fast until Christmas as well. I think it's a smart time to do it. You can do it!

    XO,
    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you ever going to do a shopping fast again? Or was once enough?

      Delete
  2. I saw your link on Caitlin's Fall Remix Challenge and I love what you have here! I'm also on a clothing fast. I started on Black Friday 2012. I will end Thanksgiving 2013. It will be interesting when my fast ends. I've learned so much about being content, remixing, and style tips and tricks over the past year! Good luck on your fast(s)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iris! Thanks for your comment. I'm so happy you have made it so long. I did three months at the beginning and will end up doing another three months at the end.
      When you're done do you plan to do another one? Have you been making a list of things you want for when it's over?

      Delete
    2. I'm actually not sure what I will do. What's funny is I've totally purged my closet since the fast - instead of hoarding clothes being that I knew I wasn't going to purchase any. What also ended up happening was I got lots of gift cards and money gifts for Christmas and my birthday (same day as your baby's!) and other occasions so I was still shopping and I was able to purchase some key pieces - several I used for the remix. Of course I found a lot of them on clearance. I got several hand-me-downs and gifts which were very much appreciated more than ever before. It's been a great journey and it has been fun applying what I've learned with this September remix. I don't know if I'll do another fast, but I'm definitely being a better steward of what I have and not feeling like I need to buy things impulsively. I will probably try my best to only buy things with gift cards and gift money as much as possible. As far as a list goes, there are some things I keep an eye out for.

      Delete
    3. Wow, Iris. We are very similar. I buy almost exclusively on clearance and will use gift cards first as well as swapping and hand-me downs.
      I think you are so right about being a good steward about what we have. If I really take a good hard look at my closet...I lack nothing! God has blessed me immensely with what I have and don't NEED anything.

      Delete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin