Sunday, September 29, 2013

Style Rules Part 3: Pattern Mixing

 
Welcome back to the style rules. We are talking about pattern mixing today. Did you catch parts 1 and 2?
Part 1
Part 2
When mixing patterns, make sure you pair one larger print with a smaller one. I like to  mix a neutral pattern with a colored one that might be a little busier.




This one is my personal favorite for anyone just stepping into pattern mixing. She uses neutral colors- not too crazy.
via



I would love this skirt about six inches longer but she's got the right idea. Again, a neutral purse keeps it from looking over the top.
via


This would also be an easy idea for pattern-mixing. Just a hint of the navy stripes. Cute!
via
 
 
This is how I pulled my mixing off. I was wearing jeans and plain sandals to keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin