Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Blazing New Trails

I discovered a new trail by my house with stations of exercise equipment in four intervals along the trail. This has to be the coolest thing ever. I can get strength training AND cardio packed into one session, with a great view to top it off!
 
 I like to warm up with 10- 15 minutes of light jogging. Then I like to get breathless before starting my strength training, so I might do some high knees or jumping jacks just so my breath is hard to catch.

I stop at the first station and do arms. Biceps and triceps- usually 2 sets of 12 reps each muscle. Then I go for an all out sprint to the next station, where I focus on legs. If I start getting bored or it becomes too easy, I always ramp things up with some jacks or lunge jumps. I keep moving from station to station until I have done an awesome full body workout.

 A huge bonus to all this is, Katelyn gets to play at the playground at the end of the trail- her reward for sitting in the stroller through my boring workout.

 I love when we have clear days like this. It's rare to see downtown and the Hollywood sign so clearly.







Do you have trails by your house that your little ones also love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin