Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Homemade Fruit Roll-Up


I love all things fruit! I've been eating fruit roll-ups since I was a kid and prefer any fruity candy over chocolate. When I was pregnant with Katelyn, I once ate a whole box in one sitting. I'm not gonna lie, I've don't that since as well. 

I saw a recipe on Pinterest to make your own without any junk. 

Here's what you need:
-fruit
-plastic wrap
-Magic Bullet/ blender
-cookie sheet

Step 1: Blend up some fruit. I ended up using one carton of raspberries. You might want to add honey to taste because the raspberries were a little tart, but I like tart so I loved this! Oh yeah- preheat the oven to 170.




Step 2: Cover the cookie sheet with plastic wrap and spread the pureed fruit over it. It doesn't have to be perfect. 

 Step 3: Bake at 170 for 4-6 hours, checking at regular intervals to see if it's done. Since I only used 1 carton of raspberries, I pulled mine out at the 4 hour mark and it was done. If you encounter uneven cooking, dab the wet parts with a paper towel and rub onto the dry parts. This will ensure even cooking.


FYI: This lasted me about two hours. I need to quadruple the batch next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin