Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Meal Planning for Dummies




I am a total doofus when it comes to meal planning. I was doing really well over the summer but something broke in my head and now I find it difficult. It's so hard for me to pin things down and follow a plan because I never know what I will be in the mood for on a given day. This is the sort of craziness that also leads to wasting money.

I recently started couponing, not extreme couponing or anything, I only get one newspaper. Let's be honest, the best deals are mostly on junk! If I had it my way, coupons would be on fresh produce not on processed foods. Such is life though. It is more expensive to eat clean, non-processed foods, and it takes more time to prepare too! Compare making a fresh salad, side and a made from scratch entree to popping a frozen pizza in the oven. No contest. The pizza wins almost every time in my house.

After reading Caitlin's post: Greater- 31 Days of curating and blessing out of excess, I decided to try meal planning again using a different approach. I'm letting Lisa do all the work. She has free meal plans, all I have to do is go buy the ingredients. Pinterest also is a great resource for meal planning

Mondays, I'm not home so hubby takes care of his own meal. Tuesdays, hubby isn't home so I do my own thing. I really only need to plan for Wednesday-Friday and the occasional weekend. Sounds easy enough.

Do you have an easy way to plan your meals? Any proven money-saving methods?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin