Monday, November 4, 2013

Getting to know me

I was the mascot in high school and was selected to apply for a professional position with USA Cheer, teaching the art of mascotting. It sounds completely ridiculous, but I was so disappointed that I didn't get the job. I loved being goofy and choreographing dance routines to music I mixed myself. Myself and one other mascot performed at a black light assembly to a mix of Dr. Evil music from Austin Powers. This particular dance we did wearing all white, a change from our big clunky Viking outfits. We got such a great response from the crowd. I loved that I could be completely off the wall, (myself) and have people respond in such a positive way.

I will always have such a soft spot in my heart for that time in my life. It actually made high school fun. I still get the urge every once in a while to take dance classes but for now, I just do occasional videos to showcase my hidden talent.

I'm very disappointed that I don't have pictures to share but I didn't have a camera back then.

Is there anything from your past that you have extremely fond memories of doing? Do you ever go back to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin