I've had my eye on these bad boys for a while now. I need to go to an actual store to try them on first to see if they past my picky foot test. I had a pair of Converse for years that I never wore because they weren't comfortable. Anyone else think that? I eventually gave them away. These Supergas are normally around $65 but are on sale for $22.99 here.
My little cutie turned two this past Sunday. Because our families are spread out, we celebrated over two weekends. The first weekend we took her to Chuck E Cheese's. I've discovered the trick is to get there first thing in the morning- we were the only ones there! It was awesome. Katelyn went on all the rides, played a few games and all we spent was $10 because each item was only $0.25. She had the time of her life.
The following weekend we celebrated again with my family.
I got this sweater through thredUP for free because they sent it missing a button. They said it was on the house! YES!! I wouldn't normally be drawn to something like this but, hey! It would also be cute over a dress.
I just realized I hardly wear blazers anymore. I have probably 5 or 6. I should really make more of an effort because they are AWESOME! It's hard to wear a blazer to the park or a play date though. Maybe to the store? Sure, the store.
Blazer: Nordstrom Rack
Jeans: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
Booties: Forever 21
Earrings: Lia Sophia (gift)
Is your lifestyle making it hard for you to wear grown up clothes like me?
Simple. Nothing fancy. Just a little sparkle in the shoe. This is how I like to roll at the park.
Top: Old Navy
Jeans: Lauren Conrad via Kohl's
I like to include a few "real me" pics in the mix when I can just to shake things up. I really appreciate all the other glamorous bloggers out there with professional cameras, fancy hair and makeup and $$$$$ clothing, but my style is a little less formal. I like to keep it real!
I rarely wear makeup at all and hardly run a comb through my hair. It works for my lifestyle and that's ok with me.
Well, it's happened. I've won a Liebster Award. Alex from Undergraduate Style nominated me and I'm so excited! Let me start by thanking my family, without whom none of this would be possible. The rules are as follows:
-First, post 11 random facts about yourself.
-Then, answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post.
-Finally, choose 11(I chose 6) new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer!
11 Random Facts:
1. I grew up in L.A. and still live here. That's so rare here. It seems like everyone came from somewhere else, especially in my area.
2. My favorite thing about being a mom is watching Katelyn learn so many new things on her own. I do help by reading to her and listening to songs but mostly I'm amazed at how her little mind explores the world through fresh eyes.
3. I got married at 20. Not many people can say that. I get asked, "Why?" all the time.
4. I came to know Jesus at age 8 but no one in my family is a Christian.
5. I love sewing but details aren't my strong suit. If I mess up a bit I'd rather just deal with it than redo the whole thing.
6. I'm 10 months older than my little sister.
7. I'm Hungarian
8. I was the mascot in high school and seriously considered going pro. (Not joking)
9. My husband is named Jonathan but was the third "Jonathan" I had dated. Quite the coincidence.
10. I break out when I get my eyebrows threaded or waxed.
11. I love candy and sweets. Sour patch kids or Reese's are the way into my heart.
Questions from Alex:
1) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
-That's easy, Subway.
2) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
-My first thought was New York because I love big cities and hustle and bustle. When I really picture myself somewhere it would be Paris. It is a big city but has such a quaint atmosphere. Paris is divided up into Arrondissements (neighborhoods), each with their own unique vibe and attractions.
3) What's your favorite song/album?
-I currently LOVE Revelation Song by Kari Jobe
4) If you had to change your name, what would you change it to and why?
-I grew up knowing I would change my name as soon as I turned 18. When I finally reached 18 I didn't care anymore. I like June or Brianna.
5) Why did you start blogging?
-I blog mostly to document my changing style but also to have something for my kids to look at that is something creative and about me!
6) Describe your perfect day.
-Wake up FULLY rested at 7am. Have a delicious breakfast, cooked by someone else. Lay by the pool of a tropical resort, any will do. Read a good book for a while. Swim, play volleyball, boogieboard and drink yummy smoothies. Have a healthy dinner and go to sleep at a reasonable hour. Is that too much to ask? (I pretty much did this entire day on my vacation to Mexico over Christmas)
7) What is your favorite article of clothing/pair of shoes/accessory that you own?
I really enjoy wearing my booties.
8) What is your number one piece you'd like to add to your closet?
-Designer jeans. Not because of the label but because of the quality. They last so long and I don't have to wash them after every use in order for them to revert back to a decent shape. I'm looking for a slim boot cut right now because I have nothing but skinny jeans. Just looking to branch out a bit.
9) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
-I would like to be more disciplined and detail oriented. That counts as one.
10) If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring and why?
-The Bible, a toothbrush and Netflix. My Bible because I'd still need to get filled each day, a toothbrush because...yuck! I need it, and Netflix because that would make everything better.
11) If you were stranded on a dessert island, what would it be made of?
Congrats Ladies! Sorry if you have more than the required 200 followers. I did my best.
Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could spend a day with anyone, dead or alive, famous or not, who would it be? 2. Who is your style icon and why? 3. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
4. What is one thing that you would do if you knew that you couldn’t fail? 5. What made you start blogging? 6. Describe your perfect vacation. 7. Describe yourself with 5 adjectives. 8. What’s something that can always make you smile? 9. What is one of your favorite memories? 10. What is your greatest fear?
11. What would you do with a million dollars?
Here are a few scenes from my first ever hike to the Hollywood sign. That's pretty pathetic coming from someone who has lived in Los Angeles all her life. I have no idea why, I just never did.
I decided to plan out dates for the year for my husband and I and this was our January date.
A surprising amount of college students were there too and we had fun just listening to their conversations. We are people listeners. While some are people watchers, we just eavesdrop. It was interesting to hear about their summer plans to work for their parents, vacations to New York, and even summer school. It reminded us of when we met and how different life was back then. So nice to remember simpler times and when our romance began.
Hi everyone! Back in December I talked about some new things for my blog in 2014. One of those new ideas I had was to do an "Inspiration Wednesday." These posts will feature pieces I already have in my closet to replicate outfits on my Defining my Style pinboard on Pinterest. I'm thrilled to start this because it's just another creative way to shop my closet to create completely new pairings without giving in to the idea that I "need" new clothing.