Monday, February 10, 2014

Liebster Award

Well, it's happened. I've won a Liebster Award. Alex from Undergraduate Style nominated me and I'm so excited! Let me start by thanking my family, without whom none of this would be possible.


The rules are as follows:
-First, post 11 random facts about yourself.
-Then, answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post.
-Finally, choose 11(I chose 6) new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer!

11 Random Facts:
1. I grew up in L.A. and still live here. That's so rare here. It seems like everyone came from somewhere else, especially in my area.
2. My favorite thing about being a mom is watching Katelyn learn so many new things on her own. I do help by reading to her and listening to songs but mostly I'm amazed at how her little mind explores the world through fresh eyes.
3. I got married at 20. Not many people can say that. I get asked, "Why?" all the time.
4. I came to know Jesus at age 8 but no one in my family is a Christian.
5. I love sewing but details aren't my strong suit. If I mess up a bit I'd rather just deal with it than redo the whole thing.
6. I'm 10 months older than my little sister.
7. I'm Hungarian
8. I was the mascot in high school and seriously considered going pro. (Not joking)
9. My husband is named Jonathan but was the third "Jonathan" I had dated. Quite the coincidence.
10. I break out when I get my eyebrows threaded or waxed.
11. I love candy and sweets. Sour patch kids or Reese's are the way into my heart.

Questions from Alex:
1) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
-That's easy, Subway.
2) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
-My first thought was New York because I love big cities and hustle and bustle. When I really picture myself somewhere it would be Paris. It is a big city but has such a quaint atmosphere. Paris is divided up into Arrondissements (neighborhoods), each with their own unique vibe and attractions.
3) What's your favorite song/album?
-I currently LOVE Revelation Song by Kari Jobe
4) If you had to change your name, what would you change it to and why?
-I grew up knowing I would change my name as soon as I turned 18. When I finally reached 18 I didn't care anymore. I like June or Brianna.
5) Why did you start blogging?
-I blog mostly to document my changing style but also to have something for my kids to look at that is something creative and about me!
6) Describe your perfect day.
-Wake up FULLY rested at 7am. Have a delicious breakfast, cooked by someone else. Lay by the pool of a tropical resort, any will do. Read a good book for a while. Swim, play volleyball, boogieboard and drink yummy smoothies. Have a healthy dinner and go to sleep at a reasonable hour. Is that too much to ask? (I pretty much did this entire day on my vacation to Mexico over Christmas)
7) What is your favorite article of clothing/pair of shoes/accessory that you own?
I really enjoy wearing my booties.                                      
8) What is your number one piece you'd like to add to your closet?
-Designer jeans. Not because of the label but because of the quality. They last so long and I don't have to wash them after every use in order for them to revert back to a decent shape. I'm looking for a slim boot cut right now because I have nothing but skinny jeans. Just looking to branch out a bit.
9) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
-I would like to be more disciplined and detail oriented. That counts as one.
10) If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring and why?
-The Bible, a toothbrush and Netflix. My Bible because I'd still need to get filled each day, a toothbrush because...yuck! I need it, and Netflix because that would make everything better.
11) If you were stranded on a dessert island, what would it be made of?
-Hot Fudge

My 5 Bloggers:
My Thrifty Chic
Happy Medley
Hello Katie Girl
Fashion Stylings By Kendra
Something Good

Congrats Ladies! Sorry if you have more than the required 200 followers. I did my best.

Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could spend a day with anyone, dead or alive, famous or not, who would it be?
2. Who is your style icon and why?
3. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
4. What is one thing that you would do if you knew that you couldn’t fail?
5. What made you start blogging?
6. Describe your perfect vacation.
7. Describe yourself with 5 adjectives.
8. What’s something that can always make you smile?
9. What is one of your favorite memories?
10. What is your greatest fear?
11. What would you do with a million dollars?


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment and nomination girl:)!
    xoxo
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were a mascot in high school. I think mascots are SO cool. And I'm so glad you decided to pass on the Liebster Award love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nomination and congrats on winning yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin